Top 5 Must Have SEO Plugins For WordPress
You guys should know by now that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very important for your site because a large number of visitors will find your blog through Google or other search engines. If your site is not optimized for search then you will not be able to attract a targeted audience for your blog.
There are several WordPress SEO plugins I use and other bloggers as well for SEO. I am going to list a few of the more important ones here. These five WordPress SEO plugins will help you cover most aspects of SEO from post titles, pings, images and more. Hopefully it will help you build a comprehensive SEO strategy for your WordPress blog.
1. Google XML Sitemaps: This plugin generates sitemaps for your blog which can be then submitted to Google. A sitemap is like an index for your website and helps Google find pages on your website. It also increases your chances of appearing in the search engine result pages.
2. Platinum SEO Pack: This is a very powerful seo plugin. It helps you with multiple aspects of onsite and offsite SEO. You can add tags, Meta descriptions, keywords, optimize post and page titles, and it also lets you change your permalinks as well. This plugin is compatible with other SEO plugins so you can install it even if you are using other WordPress seo plugins.
3. SEO Friendly Images: I find that a lot of people ignore images when thinking about SEO. In fact, if the website doesn’t have a lot of pictures, people tend to ignore it most of the time. However, you will find a little effort spent in making your images optimized for search engines will go a long way in getting your pages to appear higher in the search engine result pages.
With this nifty little plugin you can do things like add ALT and TITLE attributes to your images. This makes your blog post images optimized for the search engines. The ALT tag describes your image to the search engines and gives the page some additional relevancy. It’s a must have and can bring some added traffic to your blog.
4. WordPress SEO Pager: This is a simple and powerful idea. This plugin replaces the “Earlier Posts” and “Newer Posts” with words that you choose. It helps you enhance user experience and increases optimization by providing words relevant to your website.
5. Cbnet Ping Optimizer 2.3.3: This is an interesting plugin that works completely behind the scenes. Every time you update a page on your blog, WordPress sends out pings. A lot of such pings can result in your blog being labeled as a spammer. When you install this plugin, it prevents WordPress from sending out unnecessary pings and only allows pings from being sent out when you actually publish a post. WordPress will not send out pings for revisions or posts scheduled in the future. This is also a must have as well.
All these plugins installed and used together will lead to significantly better SEO. I know it has for my blog. I get a lot of search traffic as a result of installing these SEO plugins. Hopefully it can do the same for your blog so you can start to see the benefits of natural organic search traffic.
If you use other WordPress SEO plugins I haven’t mentioned above, please share with all of us in the comments below.