How To Add An Aweber Opt-In Form To Your FaceBook Fan Page
In this video tutorial, I show you how to place an Aweber opt in form on your FaceBook Fan Page. This is a great way to get opt-ins especially if you have a FaceBook Fan page that has a good community of people. Below I will highlight the steps to make this happen.
1. Make sure you have a FaceBook Fan page set-up. You can visit my previous post where I talk about how to create a FaceBook Fan Page.
2. You will also need a autoresponder service like Aweber to have an opt-in form to place in your FaceBook Fan page wall.
3. In your Facebook Fan Page, go to the top left hand corner and click on the edit page link. Then scroll down to where it says “More Applications” and click on the edit icon. Scroll down and select “Browse More”.
4. Then do a search for Static FBML. When you find it click on it and select “Add to my page”. Make sure you are logged into your Fan Page so the application can be applied to it.
5. Go back to your FaceBook Fan page in the edit section. Look for the app we just added (Static FBML). Then select the edit icon on the right and scroll down to the edit link.
6. Enter the box title and then go to the FBML form section below. Go to your Aweber account and select the opt-in form code you want to use to place in the FBML form box. After you are done select save changes.
7. You may need to make size adjustments to your opt-in form to fit seamlessly with the size of the Fan Page box. If you need help with this send me a shout on Twitter @samthaman
8. Visit your FaceBook Fan page and check to see if you see your opt-in form on the main page of your wall. It will be located on the bottom left hand of your screen. You can move the boxes around in the wall main page to place the box where you like it. If you don’t see your opt-in form check the boxes tab at the top of your Fan Page. If you don’t want your opt-in form there you can click on the edit icon on the box and select move to wall.
9. And your done!
Hopefull you should get that done without any major hiccups. If you need my assistance contact me on Twitter
If you like this post please help me re-tweet with the icon above. If you really like it you can social bookmark it also. You can leave me any comments below.