Facebook Fan Page Benefits And Simple Steps To Create One
If you are anything like me and don’t want to mix your personal interactions with your business interactions on FaceBook, then a FaceBook Fan Page may be just what you need. FaceBook offers many ways of interacting with your online prospects and customers and one of the most innovative ways I have learned to do this is by creating a FaceBook Fan Page. This Fan Page will be strictly for your online business and it will keep your interactions geared towards your business contacts. Below I give some ways to use the FaceBook Fan page to grow your business.
1. Integrate with RSS.
You can integrate this fan page with the RSS feed on your website and ensure that it has a steady stream of content.
2. Build Custom Applications:
You can build custom applications for this page based on your business and needs of your customers.
3. Announce Events:
If you are having a free give-away or are going to review a new product, then you can announce that event on your fan page and create anticipation for it.
4. Explain You’re Business:
A lot of webmasters use the fan page to include graphics about the sections of their websites and how various users can use them. This serves as a good tool to introduce people to sections of your website that they might be interested in.
When your fan page reaches a critical mass of fans – you will find that they are interacting with each other and giving you great feedback and word of mouth advertising. This is invaluable and although it takes a little time to build, once done – it is the greatest asset you can have.
Now that you know the benefits of creating a Fan Page, let’s look at the tutorial below to create your own.
Steps to create a Facebook Fan Page
2. You will see three categories:
b. Brand, Product or Organization
c. Artist, Band or Public Figure
Select the category that is right for you. For example, if you are a website owner, select “b” and then from the drop down menu select Website.
3. Type in the name of your business
4. Check the box that says: “I am authorized to create this page” and type in your name in the “Electronic Signature” text box area underneath it.
5. Now, you will be taken to a page which will have tabs for “Wall”, “Info”, “Photo” and “Discussions”. It will also have a place for you to upload a picture. Upload the logo of your business.
6. You will also see an alert on this page which says: “This page has not been published. To make this Page public, click on the link that says “publish this page”. Click on this and make your page go live. It is that simple. It’s also a good idea to be a fan of your own page. Once you are done, you can send this page to friends on your list and ask them to do the same.
Online social networking is the future and FaceBook is on the cutting edge of this media. There is a reason why FaceBook is valued at 10 billion dollars even in the recession, so start taking advantage of this great social networking tool and grow your online business today!
If you have any questions about this tutorial please leave your comments below. If you like this post please retweet it with the tweet icon at the top left of this post. Thanks!